Our providers at Washingtonian Plastic Surgery are pleased to offer our patients a Peptide Weight Loss Program. Our clinic focuses on health and wellness and we want to help you lose weight in a healthy, sustainable way.
What are Semaglutide and Tirzepatide Injections?
Semaglutide and Tirzepatide are glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) agonist that are administered once weekly. It was originally approved in 2017 by the FDA under the brand name Ozempic, to help control blood sugar in Type 2 diabetes. Now, semaglutide is also FDA approved for weight loss.
Peptides for Weight Loss
Originally developed as a treatment for type 2 diabetes, semaglutide and tirzepatide have also been found to help lose weight. It does this in three ways:
- The GLP-1 hormone present in the medication slows down how fast your stomach moves food through, which makes you feel fuller longer and discourages binge eating.
- The hormone prevents the liver from releasing sugar into the bloodstream, which would otherwise contribute to fat buildup.
- Semaglutide and Tirzepatide stimulate the pancreas to secrete insulin, reducing blood sugar still more.
When used for treating obesity, these peptides should always be paired with improved diet and a regular healthy exercise program.
Weight loss results will vary from person to person but clinical studies have shown that both peptides can help to produce significant weight loss in overweight and obese individuals. In clinical trials for semaglutide, participants lost an average of 13.5 pounds over 26 weeks when used in combination with moderate diet and exercise. In a 68-week study, participants taking semaglutide lost up to 20% of their body weight.
Benefits of the Peptide Weight Loss Program
Semaglutide and Tirzepatide reduce your appetite and makes you feel fuller for longer periods of time. It also keeps you in “fat-burning” mode. Because they both target fat cells and regulates blood sugar, you don’t have to worry about losing muscle mass or dehydration (water weight loss).
There are no food restrictions.However, if you are not eating a healthy diet, you will not feel good while on the diet. If you eat healthier, you will feel much better and have higher energy levels. We recommend incorporating proteins and nutrient-dense foods into your daily diet. While exercise is not mandatory with this program, we recommend you start to incorporate an exercise regime into your lifestyle because of the health benefits. If you aren’t used to exercising, walking can be the perfect way to start.
The physical benefit of Semaglutide and Tirzepatide is that they WILL reduce your appetite and make you feel fuller, so you eat less. Another major benefit of the weight loss program is that you will have the opportunity to meet with a health coach each month (virtually).
Other Benefits Include:
- Physical hunger is gone
- Better sleep
- Higher energy levels
- Helps with insulin pathways and blood sugar levels
- The more momentum you gain, the better you will feel
- On average, you can expect to lose 15% of your body weight
At our clinic, we believe that good health encompasses mind, body, and soul. Patients typically see a weight loss of 1 to 3 pounds per week. However, that can vary depending on the weight of the patient. Patients who have more weight to lose can see greater results.
About the Program:
- 6-month weight loss program but can be on this medication indefinitely
- Once weekly injection done at home to lose weight
- Medication (semaglutide or tirzepatide) regulates appetite, thereby reducing food intake by decreasing hunger and increasing feelings of fullness
- Secondary benefits: improving weight loss-related health issues such as cardiovascular factors, including hypertension, diabetes, and quality of life
- Most common symptom: nausea, which is regulated by dose adjustments
Is it Right for You?
Patients that have been unable to lose weight despite diet and lifestyle modifications or those looking to start eating better with healthier portion sizes and shed the extra pounds. Use is not recommended if you or any family members have ever had thyroid cancer or thyroid tumors, history of pancreatitis, Medullary Thyroid Carcinoma (MTC) or Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia syndrome type 2 (MEN 2).
What to Expect:
This is a virtual program. Book an online consultation at Washingtonian Plastic Surgery for your initial consultation. A provider will review your medical history, weight loss goals, diet and lifestyle factors, and labs will be drawn prior to initiating therapy. You will have the support of Washingtonian Plastic Surgery throughout treatment throughout your treatment.
Interested in getting started with our peptide weight-loss program?
If you are interested in having a peptide weight-loss program consultation, please call our office today to schedule a comprehensive consultation!